With Memorial Day weekend and a beautiful weather forecast too, let’s temporarily replace the word “quarantine” with the term “permanent vacation” to bring a slightly different spin to our current situation. Better yet, why not enjoy the virtual version of a friend-filled evening, enjoying a beautiful sunset and panoramic view at NYC’s most celebrated floating oyster bars, Grand Banks?
Join us this Saturday, May 23rd at 4:00 PM ET as our friends from that historic wooden schooner in the Hudson share their recipes and a “how-to” demo so you can create some of their most popular cocktails. Can’t make it to the live demo? We’ve got you covered with the recipes below!
To execute, we encourage you to use a cocktail shaker tin and ice. While you mix up your cocktail, put on this playlist featuring their favorite reggae covers. It pairs perfectly with a summery cocktail, but it’s so smooth that it could work with almost anything!
A rum-based riff on a Painkiller cocktail with bright tropical flavors and creaminess from a blend of coconut milk.
∙ 1 oz. Light rum (we use El Dorado 3 Year)
∙ ½ oz. Dark rum (we use El Dorado 5 Year)
∙ ¼ oz. Blue Curacao
∙ ½ oz. Coconut milk
∙ ½ oz. Coconut cream (we use Coco Lopez)
∙ 16-ounce pint glass
∙ Garnish with ½ oz. Tepache, maraschino cherry, grated nutmeg, orange slice
1. Combine the rums, coconut milk, coconut cream (+ Tepache) in a shaker tin. Add a few ice cubes and shake until slightly chilled.
2. Strain into a pint glass, then add crushed ice until the glass is nearly full.
3. Top the float with ¼ oz. Blue Curacao and garnish with a half-moon orange slice, maraschino cherry, and a light dusting of grated nutmeg.
Our riff on a spicy margarita!
∙ .25 oz. Fassionola syrup (or 1 strawberry and sugar will do)
∙ 1 oz. Lime juice
∙ 1.5 oz. Tequila
∙ 3 Dashes Habanero Shrub
1. Combine all ingredients in shaker tin.
2. Add ice and shake vigorously until cold. Strain into rocks glass with ice.
3. Top with Peychaud bitters and garnish with a lime wheel.
A summertime classic that’s low-proof, effervescent, and super refreshing.
∙ 2 oz. Aperol
∙ 2 oz. Sparkling Wine
∙ Garnish with an orange half-moon
1. Add the Aperol to the wine glass and fill with ice.
2. Add the sparkling wine and top with seltzer.
3. Garnish with an Orange Half Moon in glass.